My students love Minecraft!
They spend hours playing it, talking about it, living and breathing it. It is incredible to listen to their stories and the excitement in their voices. My fascination and interest in learning more about the game, began a couple of years ago, when I heard Liam O'Donnell (Gaming Edus) talking about gaming and literacy outside of the game. It has been a huge learning curve for me and it all started when I met my grade 2/3 students last year and used Minecraft as a vehicle to get the very active boys in my class to write adventures. This year, I have finally began to feel more comfortable with integrating the game into my program more regularly. Our latest assignment focused on measuring area and perimeter, students in my grade 4/5 class used Minecraft to create a blueprint for a house with a garden, complete with measurements. Our learning and reflections were captured in this slide show below. (NOTE: All work was posted with permission from my students)
No comments:
Post a Comment